Our outside sales team members are the face and voice of our company, for both current and potential customers. This role is crucial in managing and maintaining good customer relations within their assigned territory. This job requires weekly travel with occasional overnight stays away from home during your work week. This role reports directly to the VP of Operations and Sales and has contact with other sales team members and key personnel.
Primary Job Duties:
- Travel, Monday – Friday with occasional overnight stays away from home within an assigned territory
- Find and meet potential customers and cultivate current customer relationships
- Keep customers with projects and issues on the forefront of the schedule, all-the-while scheduling meetings with potential customers
- Gather crucial information on the market to report back to the VP
- Write notes and reports for the VP for all on-going and completed assignments
- Update files electronically to keep the office personnel up-to-date on projects and orders
- Drive sales to meet a monthly sales quota
- Keep up-to-date and knowledgeable on changes and updates to our product line
- Other duties as assigned
- Territory includes a 150-mile radius around Shreveport, LA including but not limited to Monroe, Ruston, Alexandria, northern Mississippi and central Arkansas and surrounding areas.
- Willingness to travel Monday – Friday with occasional overnight stays
- Proven ability to drive sales and meet a sales quota
- Must have a professional appearance and attitude
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and meet sales objectives
- Ability to multi-task and manage all activities to reach goals
- Have a clean driving record and be insurable with no restrictions
- This is a full-time, salary plus commission position that is eligible for health, life, dental, vision and short-term disability after an initial waiting period of 60 days.
- 401(k) enrollment after one year of service
- PTO awarded after one year of service, with incremental PTO increases after additional years served
- A company phone, laptop and basic office supplies will be provided to fulfill the needs of this role
- Auto allowance of $650.00 per month with gas card included
- Base salary of $40,000 annually
- 1% commission on sales after money has been collected
If you are interested in this role, please submit your resume’ to our HR Director through Indeed or fill out our Employment Application. For more information on our company, please visit our website at socomp.com.